M8 Assault Rifles Day 1
Started a test to see if the EVA will work for making a few guns. Doing these as speed builds so probably not going to be exact or perfect. I should have these both finished in 2 or 3 days tops.
First I made a quick drawing of the M8 Assault Rifle and cut it out of the foam. I cut channels inside and inserted a skeleton to keep it rigid. Got the cores for both guns cut, assembled and rough sanded the edges. Also got the next layers for them rough cut. 2 layers thick for the core of the gun. It will be 6 layers thick in total using the 1/2 inch thickness foam. This means a lot of seams on the edges but I plan to skin just about everything with 1/8 thick foam sheeting. At this point I’m just building it up to then sand down into the proper shape.