Skyrim Daedric Sword Test Build
Ok, so for the last few weeks I’ve been playing Skyrim,… non stop. (level 73 as of this posting) Finally gotten to the point that I can tear myself away from the game long enough to actually start making something. Here is the first “Skyrim” project in the works, a Daedric Sword. Started on this today and got everything shown in the first video done in about 4 hours time. I should have the 2nd half of the build finished tomorrow and will be putting together the video for that soon after. Most of the tools, materials and techniques I’m showing are the same ones I used to make all the Mass Effect stuff.
Test version of the Skyrim Daedric sword made in EVA foam finished in just under 2 days. A bit of a rush job, admittedly. I cut a lot of corners and took a few liberty’s with the design, slapped some paint on it with a brush (no airbrush) and called it finished. After all it was just a trial build to figure out how I will be making the swords to go with my armor later this year. After making this I now have several ideas on how to improve the final prop, which should go much faster and look a lot nicer.
Let the gaming now resume! .. er,.. I mean the costume research!