Here are the current photos and Video of the completed Helmet sculpture for my Halo 4 Didact costume. For the latest updates be sure to check out my Facebook page. Also follow me on Ustream to watch my (almost) daily live feeds showing be work on this costume.
For those that dont follow my Facebook postings, just wanted to post a link to my Live Cam Stream where you can watch me work on projects and ask me questions via the chat function on the video feed. I broadcast almost daily, and though the hours will vary, I am most often on in the evenings. (EST)
My Ustream Live Channel
Commission orders/requests will resume on September 17, 2012 and will be open for a limited time. Messages/emails time stamped starting on that day will generally be replied to within 24 hours. (anything sent prior to that date will be ignored, or simply sent this form reply) Confirmed orders will then be handled on a first paid, first served basis until all are filled. Wait time for completion of orders will increase as the list grows, but generally takes about 1 to 4 weeks maximum turnaround time for most.
The best way to be sure that I get your message is to email directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Brief clip from the first test fitting. 3 week speed build in EVA foam. Still some minor alterations to do and need to finish painting the weapons. I’ll post photos and info on how it was made soon.
Once I manage to catch up on all my commission orders I will be starting on the actual Daedric armor. My apologies to any that I have not yet replied to, lots of emails lately. (I haven’t even been able to play Skyrim for over a week now!) I’ll try to answer everyone as time allows. For now here are a few new shots of the Prototype Daedric Swords.
Ok, so for the last few weeks I’ve been playing Skyrim,… non stop. (level 73 as of this posting) Finally gotten to the point that I can tear myself away from the game long enough to actually start making something. Here is the first “Skyrim” project in the works, a Daedric Sword. Started on this today and got everything shown in the first video done in about 4 hours time. I should have the 2nd half of the build finished tomorrow and will be putting together the video for that soon after. Most of the tools, materials and techniques I’m showing are the same ones I used to make all the Mass Effect stuff.
Test version of the Skyrim Daedric sword made in EVA foam finished in just under 2 days. A bit of a rush job, admittedly. I cut a lot of corners and took a few liberty’s with the design, slapped some paint on it with a brush (no airbrush) and called it finished. After all it was just a trial build to figure out how I will be making the swords to go with my armor later this year. After making this I now have several ideas on how to improve the final prop, which should go much faster and look a lot nicer.
Let the gaming now resume! .. er,.. I mean the costume research!